|pic stitch by Marilyn Franklin|
During the past 6 weeks, BW4PosChange networkers have supported President Obama's events in six states on gun control and job creation. Our networkers have been in the audience, have extended invitations to other local supporters of the Administration and are working to support positive and effective Administration policies.
Activities have included:
- Gun Control Event with Moms of Victims of Gun Violence, White House, Washington, DC;
- Gun Control Event at Denver Police Academy, Denver, Colorado;
- Gun Control Event, Hartford, Connecticut;
- Health Affordability Act Event, White House, WDC
- Job Creation and Innovation Event, Austin, Texas;
- Job Creation and Economic Development Event at Ellicott Dredging, Baltimore, Maryland
- African American Leadership Conference, White House, WDC
Other BW4Positive Change Activities have included:
- WOL Radio interview with Dr. Carter, President of Johnson C. Smith University to support Anthony Foxx, U.S. Dept. of Transportation Secretary Nominee
- WOL Radio interview with Rev. Ronald Braxton, Metropolitan Baptist Church to discuss "Pipeline to Prison." and "By Invitation Only" DC School policy.
- WOL Radio interview with Bernadette Tolson, Charter Member, BW4Positive Change to discuss "By Invitation Only" DC Summer School Policy
- Endorsement of Curren Price, Los Angeles City Council, 9th District
- Endorsement of Justin Fairfax, Attorney General, Virginia
Yes We Can!